Tonto Dikeh Biography, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
In This Review
Tonto Charity Dikeh (born in Nigeria) is a Nigerian actress musician, singer, and human rights, activist. On the 27th of August, 2000 Tonto Dikeh established her own foundation which is her foundation, the Tonto Dikeh Foundation. The foundation was established in June of 2022. Tonto became the deputy governorship candidate in the African Democratic Congress in the 2023 Rivers State gubernatorial election.
Profiling Tonto DikehA Quick Glance At Tonto Dikeh
|Full Names||Tonto Charity Dikeh|
|Year Of Birth||9, June 1985|
|State of Origin||Rivers State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Actress • TV Personality|
|Husband • Spouse:||Olakunle Churchill (m. 2015–2017)|
|Academics||University of Lagos|
Tonto Charity Dikeh (born 9 June 1985) is a controversial Nigerian performer, actress, songwriter, and human rights, activist. On August 27, 2000, she established her foundation, which is called the Tonto Dikeh Foundation..
The foundation was founded with a clear goal and a determination to make life better for all the displaced and underprivileged girls, women, and children from Africa regardless of their Religious, Political, and cultural distinctions.
It is also planning to organize regular symposiums and sensitization discussions to bring balance as well as civility back to the African race by addressing the issues of women into consideration and gender-related issues such as rape, empowerment climate changes, and rights for children.
Early Life & Education
Tonto Charity Dikeh was born on the 9th day of June 1985 in Ikwerre, Rivers, Nigeria. She was the daughter of Mr. Sunny Dikeh who is her father, and mother Mrs Veronica Dikeh as the third child of five.
She is of Ikwerre descent and is located in the Obio Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State. Tonto Dikeh lost her mother at the age of 3 years old. Her stepmother took care of her as well as her siblings. She is a sibling named Tatiana Dikeh and an older brother named Charles Dikeh.
She was born living in Port Harcourt and obtained a BSc in petrochemical engineering at The Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
[People Profile] All We Know About Stephanie Okereke Linus Biography, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
Tonto Dikeh was engaged to Oladunni Churchill in August of 2015. The couple had a child, Andre Omodayo Churchill however, the couple split in the year 2017.
She has been with Malivelihood, Prince Kpokpogri, and Wizkid in the past.
Following a promising acting career, Tonto Dikeh decided to explore a music career. Before this, she was featured in a music video by Amaco Investments, alongside Patience Ozokwor. The singer made her music debut with two tracks “Hi” and “Itz Ova” with the latter song featuring Snypa. On June 13, 2014 Nigerian artist D’banj signed her to his label DB Records. Tonto Dikeh expressed her resignation from DB records in March 2015.
Tonto Dikeh‘s experience within the Nigerian entertainment industry began in 2006 when she participated in a reality television show called the Next Movie Star 2005. Prior to that, she was the owner of a vehicle in Port Harcourt.
Amaco Investments featured her with Patience Ozokwor in what is a music video, which she filmed at the beginning of the acting profession. Following the film, she released her debut music debut featuring two singles: The Hand itz Ova.
Then, a renowned Nigerian artist – D’Banj was signed by his label, DB Records, on June 13, 2014. She quit DB Records in March of 2015 after she decided to look into different business opportunities.
[People Profile] All We Know About Adesua Etomi Wellington Biography, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
- Hi – 2012
- Itz Ova – 2012
- Crazically Fit (featuring Terry G) – 2012
- Jeje – 2013
- Sheba (featuring Solid Star) – 2013
- Ekebe – 2014
- Sugar Rush (featuring D’banj) – 2015
- Last Mission
- Secret Mission
- Rush Hour
- Fatal Mistake
- Family Disgrace
- Miss Maradonna
- Mortal Desire
- Tea or Coffee – 2006
- Pounds and Dollars – 2006
- Missing Rib – 2007
- Final Hour – 2007
- Divine Grace – 2007
- 7 Graves – 2007
- Crisis in Paradise – 2007
- Insecurity – 2007
- Away Match – 2007
- Games Fools Play – 2007
- The Plain Truth – 2008
- Love my Way – 2008
- Before the Fall – 2008
- Total Love – 2008
- Strength to Strength – 2008
- Missing Child – 2009
- Native Son – 2009
- Dangerous Beauty – 2009
- My Fantasy – 2010
- Pleasure and Crime – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Dirty Secret – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Blackberry Babes Re-loaded – 2012
- Criminal Widow 1 – 2013
- The Criminal Widow 2 – 2013
- Terror of a Widow 1 – 2013
- The Terror of a Widow 2 – 2013
- Battle of the Queens – 2014
- Throne of War – 2014
- Zikel Cosmetics has signed an N100 million contract in partnership with Tonto Dikeh to be an ambassador for their cosmetics brand across Africa on 23rd May 2019.
- The ambassador is a member of Amstel Malt.
- Tonto has been named an ambassador for Sapphire Scents.
- Her role as an ambassador of the world’s well-known Chinese restaurant located in Sub Sahara Africa – Silk Road Restaurant.
Tonto Dikeh founded the NGO Tonto Dikeh Foundation at the time of 2000. The foundation was founded due to her passion to improve the standard of life of women who are disadvantaged and homeless and girls, young people, and children from Africa regardless of religion, political, or cultural distinctions.
* Want To Earn More Than EUR100-EUR1,000+ Per Day On Your Website? ? Click To Join HBAgency! !
The foundation will also continuously organize educational events and symposiums about women empowerment, rape of women, climate change, and rights for children. The foundation has assisted 6983 individuals by providing scholarships and health care services. The foundation also works on gender equality.
At times, she is referred to as a controversial figure the media continues to point out that she earns her money while doing her. Tonto Dikeh estimates her worth US$1.5 million.
- Instagram: @tontolet
Why did Tonto Dikeh and Kpokpogri’s relationship end
In the midst of their blossoming romance Dikeh’s followers requested that she stop their romance off Instagram and celebrate their love in private. Their requests were ignored as Dikeh did not hesitate to take the public show of affection on Instagram one step further.
The controversial Nollywood actor, Tonto Dikeh, and her former lover, Prince Kpokpogri, have been making headlines after they split up in July.
Mr. Kpokpogri who is chairperson of the Anti-Corruption and Integrity Forum said his former lover was “Helen of Troy” and stated that their relationship was turbulent.
“We only dated for three months, and it was an unending nightmare! A lot has happened in such a short period of time that I brushed it aside in the interest of my supposed relationship and my mental health”,” Kpokpogri stated while reacting to the news that they had split up.
Kpokpogri was brought into the spotlight following the announcement by the actress. Dikeh unveiled him on the anniversary of his birthday on July 27 on the official Instagram page. The once-fun relationship sank following a viral message and a conversation that was made between Kpokpogri and a celebrity was published on the internet by an infamous Instagram gossip writer. Since then, the once-loved couple has been caught in a scuffle on Instagram.
In a complaint against Kpokpogri that was filed on the 6th of September and sent to the commissioner of Police, FCT Command, Dikeh by her counselors in Festus Keyamo Chambers, Okechukwu Uju-Azorji, as well as Arinze Egbo made several shocking revelations.
In the petition, which was read by this PREMIUM Times the actor accused his former lover of being a fake partner. She stated that Kpokpogri had carefully planned his entrance into her life.
They stated that in June 2021, one Prince Kpokpogri Joseph began to court our client and propose to wed her. Then he invited our client to his home and at times, he’d come to the residence of our client. Our client was not aware that the claimed Joseph Kpokpogri (who our client later found out was a frequent blackmailer) was not the only person engaging our clients.
She said he was an enslaved blackmailer. In her petition, Dikeh said that he had targeted her with blackmail as well as “stage-managed” their relationship for personal gain.
Our client has now reasons and evidence of Joseph Kpokpogri’s involvement. installed closed circuit television cameras (CCTV cameras) within the private areas of his home and stage-managed the visits in order to manipulate her client. The client was shocked when, sometime around August 20, 2021, the suspect began soliciting money from her and threatened to reveal nude images and other documents that were related to her in order to fulfill his demands”.
Dikeh added Kpokpogri under false pretenses, and allegedly obtained massive sums of money from her.
The claimed Kpokpogri also got the money of N8m through false pretenses. However, the man has reimbursed the amount of N6 million but has not paid, not, or neglected to pay the amount of N2m that remained unpaid.
4 Invasion of privacy
She also claimed that he had planted closed circuit TV cameras (CCTV cameras) in private areas in his house and had stage-managed the visits to make her blackmail.
The company said that ”our client believes certain of the information was obtained via the wiretap of her phone or any other method without her consent”.
They further stated that Kpokpogri began communicating messages, documents, and files that contained sensitive information and other materials related to Dikeh to her cell phone, and making them available information to the general public.
5. Life-threatening threat:
Dikeh said she was warned not to talk negatively about the politician. She added, “that if she writes anything against the said Kpokpogri, they will kill her; that they know where her son is schooling and every other detail about her.”
6. Property seizure:
Dikeh has claimed that Kpokpogri has taken the possessions of her Toyota Hilux van 2021 and is refusing to give it back despite multiple requests. Her lawyers claimed that she was the owner of the Hilux vehicle (2021 Model) that was bought by Dikeh’s family.
Never one to remain silent when faced with these accusations, Kpokpogri took a swipe at his former lover. In a live stream on Instagram, the actor said, “You disregarded the man you got married to, and now and you think that you can play the same way with me”,
He later claimed that she had stolen his Lexus after the break-up and refused to return it.
In the midst of their love affair, Dikeh’s followers pleaded with her to keep their romance off Instagram and have a celebration in private.
Their pleas were not heard on ears as Dikeh made the public show of love on Instagram one step further.
In short order, their “enemies and gossip sites began looking for dirt, and within a short time, they found an unpublished voice message that sources say ended their once-favorable relationship.
- Trin, Mercy (26 February 2022). “Kayanmata: Amidst criticisms, actress Tonto Dikeh issues out a public statement”. Kemi Filani News. Retrieved 15 March 2022.
- “ABOUT TONTO DIKEH”. Archived from the original on 28 June 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- “Tonto Dikeh Foundation”. today.ng. today.ng. 2 June 2020. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- Olowolagba, Fikayo (24 June 2022). “Yul Edochie reacts as Tonto Dikeh emerges ADC deputy governorship candidate”. Daily Post Nigeria. Retrieved 25 June 2022.
- “Rivers ADC gov candidate nominates Tonto Dikeh as running mate”. Punch Newspapers. 24 June 2022. Retrieved 25 June 2022.
- “ADC Nominates Tonto Dikeh As Deputy Governorship Candidate For Rivers”. Channels Television. Retrieved 25 June 2022.
- “Tonto Dikeh emerges running mate to Rivers ADC governorship candidate – Premium Times Nigeria”. 24 June 2022. Retrieved 25 June 2022.
- “Tonto Dikeh heads to Government House | The Nation”. 25 June 2022. Retrieved 25 June 2022.
- “Nigeria: Nollywood Splits Over Tonto Dike”. allAfrica.com. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- “Nigerian celebrities and Tattooing”. The Vanguard. Lagos, Nigeria. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- “Tonto Dikeh life history and profile, Playing music with Patience Ozokwor”. Anambra fashion week. 22 January 2012.
- “World Premiere Tonto Dikeh”. Too Xclusive.
- “Tonto Dike needs to learn how to sing”. Nigeria films.
- “D’banj Finally Unveils DB Records Lee Family”. Joints Arena.
- “Tonto Dike Leaves D’banj’s Record Label”. Naija Loaded.
- “Tonto Dikeh”. Naij.com – Nigeria news. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- “Actress Tonto Dikeh Full Biography Life And News – How Nigeria”. How Nigeria. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- “Photos – Tonto Dikeh Shares Late Mum, Step Mother & Dad”. MJ Celebrity Magazine. Retrieved 24 October 2016..
- “Ten things you may not know about Tonto Dikeh – Premium Times Nigeria”. 20 October 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- “Tonto Dikeh’s estranged lover, Prince Kpokpogri drags DSS, actress to court over threat to fundamental rights”. TonyGutsy. 22 September 2021. Retrieved 16 October 2021.
- “Your hard smoking and heavy drinking made us break-up, Kpokpogri claps back at Tonto Dikeh”. Punch Newspapers. 23 September 2021. Retrieved 22 November 2021.
- “Actress welcomes first child, releases maternity photos”. Pulse Nigeria. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- “Actress reveals sadness over her relationship with husband, Churchill, in an interview with OAP Daddy Freeze”. TonyGutsy. 28 April 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- “Popular dancer, Janemena, petitions police over Tonto Dikeh’s cyberstalking, defamation”. 11 October 2021. Retrieved 20 October 2021.
- “Property firm appoints Tonto Dikeh as brand ambassador”. Inemesit Udodiong. 24 May 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- “Tonto Dikeh Gets Endorsement Deal With Beauty Brand”. mystatenews. mystatenews. 24 May 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- “Tonto Dikeh Becomes Sapphire Scents Brand Ambassador”. Naija Gists. 24 May 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- “Tonto Dikeh bags endorsement deal”. Kemifilani. Kemifilani. 24 May 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- “Tonto Dikeh Revealed As Amstel Malta New Brand Ambassador”. Plat4om. Plat4om. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- “Tonto Dikeh bags N100m deal with Zikel cosmetics”. Oak TV Newstrack. Oak Tv. 23 May 2019. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- “Tonto Dikeh – Itz Ova + Hi”. 17 October 2012.
- “Single Premiere: Tonto Dikeh ft Terry G – Crazically Fit – 360Nobs.com”.
- “Tonto Dikeh – JEJE”. 28 February 2013.
- “Tonto Dikeh – Sheba ft Solidstar”. 9 June 2013.
- “Tonto Dikeh premieres New Song “Ekebe” – Listen”.
- “VIDEO: Tonto Dikeh – Sugar Rush ft. D’banj”. 28 April 2015.