Stephanie Okereke Linus Biography, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
In This Review
Stephanie Okereke Linus (born as Stephanie Onyekachi Okereke; 2 October 1982) is a Nigerian actress, director, and model. She has won numerous nominations and awards for her role as an actor as well as a model, for example, her 2003 Reel Award for Best Actress and the 2006 Afro Hollywood Award for Best Actress and 3 nominations to be nominated for the award for Best Actress in a Leading role during the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2005 in 2009, 2010 and 2005. The actress was also a finalist in the Most Beautiful girl at the Nigeria beauty contest in 2002. She was honored by her Nigerian government with the national award of the title MFR, Member of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR.
Profiling Stephanie Okereke LinusA Quick Glance At Stephanie Okereke Linus
|Full Names||Stephanie Okereke Linus|
|Year Of Birth||02, October 1982|
|State of Origin||Ngor Okpala, Imo, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Actress, Movie Director & Producer|
|Academics||University of Calabar|
Stephanie Okereke (born Stephanie Onyekachi Okereke) Now Stephanie Okereke Linus is a Nigerian Actress model, model, and film producer and director.
Being in the Nigerian Movie Industry for over two decades and has won numerous nominations and awards for her work as an actor and actor, such as an award in the year 2003, the Reel Award for Best Actress as well as The 2006 Afro Hollywood Award for Best Actress and three Africa Movie Academy Awards nominations for the Best Actress in the Leading Role in 2005 2009, 2005, and 2010.
She also finished second in 2002’s most beautiful girl of Nigeria ( MBGN) beauty pageant. The Nigerian government conferred the title of national honor, Members of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR in 2011.
[People Profile] All We Know About Adesua Etomi Wellington Biography, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
Early Life and Education
Stephanie Okereke was born in Ngor Okpala, Imo State on October 2, 1982. She is the 6th of eight children of her parents (Mary as well as Chima Okereke). Then, in Delta State, she completed her secondary and primary schooling. Then, she enrolled in an undergraduate program at Calabar University. The University of Calabar in Cross River State in which she was awarded an education from the Department of English as well as Literary Studies.
It is believed that the actor from Nollywood actress was a keen participant in showbiz and acting since she was a teenager. She traveled to the United States to sign up in film production through the New York Film Academy which she completed in 2007.
She was a teen when she made her debut in two Nollywood films: Compromise 2 and Waterloo. Okereke was a contestant in 2002 The Most Beautiful Girl contest in the Nigeria beauty contest and came in 1st Runner-Up (2nd-second place).
Okereke was awarded two prizes in the 2003 Reel Awards, one for “Best Actress in English and the other for the title ‘Best Actress for the year 2003’ from eight nominations.
After having graduated from the New York Film Academy in 2007 Okereke directed as a scriptwriter and produced as well as performed in the movie Through the Glass. The film won the Africa Movie Academy Award nomination for Best Screenplay in 2009.
The year 2014 saw her release a second film, “Dry” of which she also served as director-writer, scriptwriter, producer, and actress. It won a variety of awards, including an award for the 12th Africa Movie Academy Awards as well as the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) top film overall with the award of the brand new automobile.
The actress March 2021 premiered the short film “The Student” and “Bad Police.” (which she co-produced) named ” The Student” and ” Bad Police” in her campaign to end violence against women based on gender against women.
Additionally, she is the chief executive director for The Extended Hands Foundation, a non-profit organization that assists girls and women with fistulas in the obstetric duct receive treatment for free.
[People Profile] All We Know About Mercy Aigbe Biography, Endorsements, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
- Stephanie Okereke is a brand ambassador for various businesses which include MINISO Nigeria and Green Valley Oatmeal.
- She was a representative of Kanekalon Hair, and Diva Pads as well as she was a member of the Nigerian Young Professional Forum (NYPF).
- She was appointed as an Ambassador for to Stop Violence Against Women in Elections by the National Democratic Institute in 2015. (STOP-VAWIE).
- She was chosen as an ambassador for the brand Nollycasting the online casting platform that caters to professionals working in various areas, including comedy and commercials.
Her filmography chronologically from 1997 includes:
- Compromise 2
- Blind Justice
- Emotional Crack
- Genesis of Love
- Private Sin
- Queen Sheba
- The Cross of Love
- Together as One
- Beautiful Faces
- Critical Decision
- Deep Loss
- Diamond Lady: The Business Woman
- Dream Lover
- Eye of the Gods
- In the Name of Love
- Last Girl Standing
- Magic Moment
- Mama-G in America
- Miss Nigeria
- More Than a Woman
- My Mother My Marriage
- Official Romance
- Promise & Fail
- Promise Me Forever
- Right Man for Me
- Sensational Spy
- Strength of a Woman
- To Love Again
- Virgins Night Out
- Working Class Lady
- A Time to Die
- Days of Bondage
- Guys on the Line
- Lonely Hearts
- Ola… the Morning Sun
- Price of Ignorance
- Princess of Wealth
- Royal Battle
- Street Fame
- Woman on Top
- Behind the Plot
- Daytime Lovers
- Shut In
- The Law Students
- The Preacher
- Upside Down
- A Time to Love
- Governor’s Wife
- Mission to Nowhere
- Hidden Treasure
- Through the Glass
- Make Me Fabulous
- Boonville Redemption
Awards and Nomination
- Best Actress at What a Year Awards 2003
- Best Actress (English) at Reel Awards 2003
- Best Actress of the Year at Reel Awards 2003
- Outstanding Actress at Afro-Dublin Awards 2004
- Award for Excellence at Film Makers of Nigeria 2004
- Best Actress at Afro Hollywood Award 2006
- Miriam Makeba Award for Excellence 2007
- Beyond the Tears Humanitarian Award 2008
- Member of Order of the Federal Republic 2011
- A movie that has the most effective social media in Best of Nollywood Awards 2015
- Best Protagonist at Bentonville Film Festival 2015
- Best Actress in Leading Role at NAFCA 2016
- The face of Nollywood (Female) at DALA Awards 2016
- Best Supporting Actress at Truth Awards 2017
- Distinguished Leadership Award by Dillard University 2018
Stephanie Okereke was one of the distinguished guests that attended this year’s Queens Young Leaders Award in Buckingham Palace on a special invitation from Queen Elizabeth II of England the Queen of England. 60 young individuals representing Commonwealth nations were recognized.
While en route for the African Movie Academy Awards in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria in April of 2005 Stephanie became involved in an accident in a car that resulted in burns across her body as well as a fractured leg.
Stephanie Okereke married Linus Idahosa in April 2012 in Paris, France, at an intimate wedding ceremony that was which was attended by family members of her family as well as a number of Nollywood actors and actresses.
They welcomed their first baby, Maxwell Enosata Linus in October of 2015.
On the 30th May 2022, Stephanie revealed the birth of their son’s second on her blog, Stephanie Daily
Stephanie Okereke Linus has revealed she was once involved in an incredibly tragic motor crash that nearly ruined her goal of becoming a world-renowned film star.
According to the gorgeous thespian, she was afraid she’d lose her legs and face and wouldn’t be able to pursue her passion.
“This was many years ago when I was in a horrific road accident. I was worried that I’d lose my legs and my face, and would not be able do the things I enjoyed for a long time. I’m thankful that God was with me throughout the time and helped me back stronger and healthier.” she told me.
On April 12, 2012, she got married to Linus Idahosa in Paris, France, at an intimate wedding ceremony and they didn’t get their first baby until the end of October 2015.
It is clear fact that Stephanie Okereke has made so lot of fame and received an immense amount of recognition over the years because of her talent and hard work. So, she has been a huge success throughout the Nigerian film industry.
It’s not a secret that gorgeous Nollywood star Stephanie Okereke is in love with CNN consultant Linus Idahosa. The charming actress even told Nollywoodgossip she would be able to tell us the moment she’s pregnant.
However, her once-happy union is now threatened by the appearance of a new woman, as reported by The Nation newspaper. The following is what the paper is reporting.
Similar to the heartbreak in the case of Mercy Johnson seems to be being experienced by an additional Nollywood actor Stephanie Okereke who herself parted from her husband Chikelue Ileoanusi a few years ago.
Stephanie’s current romance with CNN consultant Linus Idahosa is at a crossroads as the actress was recently shocked by a woman who is constantly calling her from Canada and claims to be a child support recipient for Linus'”love child. Even though Linus isn’t denying the allegations made by the person, Stephanie is said to be devastated as she isn’t sure who she should trust.
- “Stephanie Okereke’s full name”. Archived from the original on 28 March 2009. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- Onikoyi, Ayo (2 October 2012). “Stephanie Okereke clocks 30 and it’s going to be…”. Vanguard. Lagos, Nigeria. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- “My Wedding Plans in Top Gear, Says Stephanie Okereke”. P.M. News. Lagos, Nigeria. 1 February 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- Okporu, Rachel (30 October 2021). “Actress Stephanie Okereke and her husband, Linus Idahosa, celebrate their son as he clocks ‘age 6′”. Kemi Filani News. Retrieved 15 March 2022.
- “And the 2010 AMAA nominees are”. Jemati.com. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- “The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) 2010 Nominations”. thefuturenigeria.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- “Stephanie Okereke: Awards & Nominations”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “AMAA 2009: List of Nominees and Winners”. Africa Movie Academy Awards. Archived from the original on 5 April 2011. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- “Official bio”. Archived from the original on 6 September 2009. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “BN Bytes: Genevieve Nnaji, Stephanie Okereke, Amaka Igwe, Aliko Dangote & Jim Ovia receive National Honours – Photos from the Ceremony”. bellanaija.com. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- “Okereke at NigeriaMovies.com”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Stephanie Okereke: Nigerian screen queen”. Archived from the original on 26 March 2009. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Through the Glass: Review”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Through the Glass: Official Site”. Archived from the original on 14 April 2009. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “New York Film Academy Film School: Film School Student Stephanie Okereke in The News”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Filmography”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Interview with Stephanie Okereke”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Stephanie Okereke And Linus Idahosa Wed in Paris”. Leadership. Abuja, Nigeria: Leadership Newspaper Group. 21 April 2012. Archived from the original on 23 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Njoku, Ben (21 April 2012). “Genevieve, RMD, Others Storm Paris for Steph Okereke’s Wedding Today”. AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- “AllAfrica.com: Why Stephanie Okereke ended her marriage”. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- “Stephanie Okereke Linus Wins Montage Africa Women of Excellence Awards (Photos) – NaijaGistsBlog Nigeria, Nollywood, Celebrity, News, Entertainment, Gist, Gossip, Inspiration, Africa”. naijagists.com. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Lawal, Fu’ad. “Best of Nollywood Awards 2015: See the full list of winners”. pulse. ng. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- “Stephanie Linus Wins Best Protagonist Award at the Bentonville Film Festival Arkansas, USA”. www.stelladimokokorkus.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. “Dry”: Stephanie Linus” movie gets 8 ZAFAA Global Awards 2015 nominations”. pulse. ng. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- “Stephanie Linus’ ‘Dry’ wins award at the Pan African Film Festival – Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games”. the net. ng. 24 February 2016. Archived from the original on 27 July 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. “NAFCA 2016: Stephanie Linus, “Dry” win big”. pulse. ng. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- “Nollywood stars dazzle at Daylight Annual Leadership Awards – Vanguard News”. vanguardngr.com. 28 May 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- “AMAA 2007: List of Nominees and Winners”. African Movie Academy Awards. Archived from the original on 12 October 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- “The 2010 African Movie Academy Awards: Winners, Re-Cap, Dresses”. New York, NY, USA: MTV Networks a division of Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- “It’s Episode 1 of Stephanie Linus’ Reality Show “Make Me Fabulous”. Bellanaija. Bellanaija.com. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- “Watch 1st episode of Stephanie Linus’ reality TV series”. Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 25 May 2015.