Chika Ike Biography, Career, Net Worth, Spouse, Controversy
In This Review
Profiling Chika IkeA Quick Glance At Chika Ike
|Full Names||Chikadebia Nancy Ike|
|Date Of Birth||8, November 1985|
|State of Origin||Anambra state, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Philanthropy, Film Producer|
|Academics||University of Lagos|
|Net Worth||$3.1 Million|
Chika Ike’s birth name is Chikadebia Nancy Ike on the 8th of November 1985 on the island of Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria to Mrs. and Mr. Ike. The actress has an older sister who is named Vivien. Some think that Vivien Ike may be Chika Ike the twin’s sister, even though this isn’t the case.
It’s difficult to believe that the day Chika arrived, something awful occurred to her. Chika has described the event in her biographical book and it’s truly heartbreaking. Chika was a baby. Chika was a newborn her father rejected her due to an absurd reason: he was looking for a boy, however, there was a girl born.
Chika claims that all the difficulties she’s endured and the struggles she’s endured were the results of her determination to prove she was worthy.
Her family was not supportive of her at a young, and this has made her what she is today. Many believed that she was nothing and she was not worthy of being a person but she’s now proving that the reverse is true.
This struggle from the start of her journey has led Chika to the forefront of her game. An ex-model with a huge following and a popular actress beloved by millions of people She has done all she ever imagined.
She went to her first University of Lagos in 2004 and completed a two-year Diploma program that covered Human Kinetics and Health Education – she graduated in the year 2006. She then returned to the University to earn a Master’s Degree in the same field. She also took Filmmaking classes through The New York Film Academy in Los Angeles. That’s the reason her career took a sharp direction toward the entertainment industry.
Chika Ike’s birthplace was Onitsha, Anambra state of Nigeria. She started acting in church plays when she was six. Ike started her modeling career at the age of 16 shortly after she had completed the secondary level. In 2004 Ike completed the two-year diploma program that covered Human Kinetics in Health and Education. She then earned her degree through the same program that both came from the University of Lagos. In 2014 Ike graduated from New York Film Academy in Los Angeles where she was a student of film Making.
In the year 2004, Ike enrolled in the University of Lagos (Unilag) for a two-year degree program that focused on human Kinetics in addition to healthcare education. The program was completed in 2006 and earned the certificate. She then went on to earn an undergraduate diploma in human kinetics as well as the field of health at Unilag. In 2014 she was awarded her diploma from the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles, California where she studied filmmaking.
Chika Ike began her film career in the year 2005 in the role of one of the minor characters in the film Sweet Love. She was given her first major part that year in a film called Bless the Child and has since played key parts in more than 100 films, including Paradise, Mirror of Beauty, To Love a Stranger, Girls Got Reloaded, Happy Ending, Yes We Will, Anointed Queen and The Prince and the Princess.
As of 2007, Mirror of Beauty was screened in Cineworld in 2007 as well as Odeon cinemas throughout in the U.K as well in 2008. it was chosen to be screened at Cannes. Cannes Film Festival.
She started Chika Ike Production, her production company Chika Ike Production, in 2014 and has produced her first film Miss Teacher and her reality game show for TV. African Diva Reality TV Show of which she is the host, executive producer and an official member of the judging panel. First season was broadcast through DStv as well as the sequel was telecast in AIT. She also teamed up in partnership with Rok Studios to produce movies such as Happy Ending and Stuck on You.
Chika Ike has spoken out on the subject of abusive relationships as victimized by abuse at home. She spoke out in 2013 when she spoke her mouth about being sexually abused during her former marriage. She filed for divorce over domestic violence in the year 2013. She finally announced on the page on the Facebook page that she was “officially divorced”. However, this didn’t be well received by some fans as they poured on her with a plethora of insults.
[People Profile] All We Know About Gift Anizoba Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
Chika Ike established her fashion label Fancy Nancy in 2011 and launched it in Abuja, Nigeria.
Chika Ike has been featured in:
2020 – Small Chops – Nikita
2016/II – Happy Ending –
Lape 2016/II – Locked Up – Susan
2015 – Miss Teacher – Nwanne
2014 -Secret Act
2014 – Secret Weapon
2012 – Bridge of Contract
2012 – The End Is Near
2011 – Heart of a Fighter – Amara
2011 – The Seekers – Yvonne 2011 –
2011 – White Chapel – Yvonne 2011 –
2010 – Street President – Nene
2010 – Unstoppable
2009 – Dangerous Beauty – Anita
2009 – Eyes of the Nun
2009 – Harvest of Love – Nancy
2008 – Before the Rain – Anita
2008 – Desire – Juliet
2008 – Jealous Princess – Mercy
2008 – One More Kiss
2008 – Royal Covenant
2008 – Tears in Marriage
2007 – Breaking News
2007 – Emotional Risk
2007 – Endless Tears
2007 – Final Risk
2007 – Gods of No Mercy
2007 – Power of Beauty
2007 – Royal Promise
2007 – The Key of Happiness – Adaora
2007 – The Prince of My Heart
2007 – Titanic Battle
2007 – Titanic Battle
2 2007 – Mirror of Beauty
2006 – Love Wins – Emily
2006 – My Only Girl
2006 – Soul Engagement
2006 – The Crusader
2006 – Wisdom of the Gods
2005 – Emotional Blackmail
2005 – One God One Nation
2005 – To Love a Stranger
2005 – What a Mother…
2004 – Paradise
2004 – Standing Alone
2002 – Wisdom and Riches
Chika Ike created her foundation Help the Child which is focused on helping children in need. In 2012 she held an event on the street where she hosted more than 3000 kids who were fed and handed to them school bags, toys and writing supplies. Every year, she holds an event of major charity for the children who live on the streets, offers grants, and also provides students with writing tools for school.
Awards and nominations
Chika Ike has won numerous nominations and awards for her work, such as an award from the Africa Movie Academy Awards for Best Actress for the upcoming Actress in 2008 and an Africa Movie Academy Award for the Most Outstanding Actress in a Supporting Role in 2009 for her role in the movie “The Assassin”.
|2008||African Movie Academy Awards||Best Upcoming Actress||Bless the Child||Nominated|
|2009||Best Supporting Actress||Assassination||Nominated|
|African Youth Society Award||Best Role Model in Africa||Self||Won|
|City People Entertainment Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2011||Donven Club Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|United Nations Messenger of Peace||United Nations Youth Ambassador for Peace||Honorary|
|2012||African Heritage Awards||Contributions to The Youth In Africa||Won|
|2013||HOG Award||Icon of Hope||Won|
|Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) Award||Most Disciplined Actress||Won|
|Cynosure Magazine Nigerian Fashion Recognition Awards||Nollywood Fashion Icon of the Year||Won|
|2016||City People Entertainment Awards||Face of Nollywood||Nominated|
|ZAFFA Awards||Best Producer||Miss Teacher||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Miss Teacher||Nominated|
|2020||International Film Festival Award||Best Actress||Self||Won|
|Best Production||Small Chops||Won|
|Best Sound Design||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Self||Won|
Chika Ike finally reacts to the rumored romance between her and Regina Daniels’ billionaire husband Ned Nwoko
The film star revealed this via the Instagram page on the 14th of September 2019, while she was answering questions from followers.
One of her inquisitive followers was asking about the possible relationship with the billionaire businessman. “There’s a rumor going on, are you really dating Ned Nwoko, and are you going to be the 7th wife? “ the fan demanded.
It wasn’t long before Ike offered a solution to the question that was in the mind of Nigerians.
“No, I’m not, and I’m not about to be anybody’s 7th wife. NEVER!” she declared.
- “Chika Ike Biography, Nollywood Star Actress”. InformAfrica.com. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Chika Ike Biography, Profile, Movies, Latest News & Life History | NaijaGistsBlog Nigeria, Nollywood, Celebrity ,News, Entertainment, Gist, Gossip, Inspiration, Africa”. Naijagists.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-28. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Chika Ike Making Waves In The International Scene”. Modernghana.com. 2007-09-28. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Mirror of Beauty showing in UK cinemas”. Modern Ghana.
- “African Diva Reality TV show season 1 Archives”. News Of Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- Kayode Badmus (2015-08-02). “Chika Ike begins production of new movie ‘All of me’ – Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop, and Games”. The net. ng. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Chika Ike: 5 Nollywood movies produced by actress – Movies – Pulse” (in German). Pulse. ng. 2016-11-08. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Watch the Trailer for Chika Ike’s New Movie “One Fine Day” | A Story of an Obsessed Ex”. Bellanaija.com. 2016-06-30. Archived from the original on 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Chika Ike graduates from LA Film School”. The Nation. 2014-05-24. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- “Chika Ike’s Good Deed – Feeds Less Privileged Kids for Easter”. Bellanaija.com. 2014-04-25. Archived from the original on 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Nollywood Actress Chika Ike opens “Fancy Nancy” Store in Abuja – Mercy Johnson, Jim Iyke, Mike Ezuruonye, Goldie & More Attend”. Bellanaija.com. 2011-09-28. Archived from the original on 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- Damilare Aiki (2013-08-10). “Chika Ike: “I Left My Marriage because I was a Victim of Domestic Violence” | Nollywood Actress shares Story of Physical Assault”. Bellanaija.com. Archived from the original on 2016-02-03. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- “Fans lash out at Chika Ike over divorce announcement”. Vanguard News. 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- “Chika Ike”. Naij. Archived from the original on 2016-08-20. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- Arogundade, Funsho (2012-01-05). “Chika Ike Bags UN Ambassador Award”. P.M. News. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- Izuz, Chidumga (2016-11-07). “‘Suru L’ere,’ ‘Tinsel,’ Adeniyi Johnson, Mide Martins among nominees”. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- “ZAFAA 2016 Nominees”. ZAFAA. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- “Two years after, Ini Edo emerges winner of ZAFAA Best Actress award”. Vanguard News. 2018-06-16. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- “Chika Ike’s Small Chops bags Int’l awards – P.M. News”.