Ruth Kadiri Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth
In This Review
Ruth Kadiri is a renowned Nigerian actress filmmaker, actress, and screenwriter. She is also among the top film screenwriters in Nigeria. Ruth Kadiri graduated from the University of Lagos where she was a mass communication student. Additionally, she completed her studies in Business Administration at Yaba College Of Technology, Lagos.
Profiling Ruth KadiriA Quick Glance At Ruth Kadiri
|Full Names||Ruth Kadiri Ezerika|
|Date Of Birth||24, March 1988|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|State of Origin||Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Actress, Screenwriter, Film producer|
|Academics||University of Lagos|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Movie(p. by Ruth Kadiri)||Matters Arising|
Ruth Kadiri Ezerika hails from Benin City in Edo State and was born on the 24th of March 1988 in the exact same state. Ruth when interviewed revealed that she is the only daughter of her parents. Her father didn’t provide much attention as she resided with her mother and younger sister within Lagos state, and her father was residing in Abu Dhabi. The name of her father is Desmond Kadiri.
Ruth was a typical Nigerian child who lived in the ghetto of Ajegunle within Lagos state. However, her past did not define her future. As she grew older, she has written down her goals when she reached 18. Ruth Kadiri wrote in a book that she needed to find a place to live and earn a living at the age of 18. When her father saw her written-down wishes she wrote, he laughed naturally at her, but it was the thing that drove her most.
Ruth Kadiri in the interview stated that she had to face many challenging experiences, including being discriminated against because of gender and also rejection. She spoke about how she had to shoulder a lot of responsibility but is happy with what she has achieved.
Early life and Education
Ruth Kadiriis a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos and also an accredited Business Administration graduate at Yaba College Of Technology popularly called Yabatech. As if the responsibilities of her job weren’t enough, she has a lot of responsibilities to take down. Ruth endured harassment from a female lecturer during her time at school. Ruth said she was subject to harassment by a lecturer who had an unnatural interest in her and tried to charm her. According to her, Ruth said that the female lecturer had a particular fascination with her and he was able to keep her under constant surveillance.
The female lecturer was aware that Ruth Kadiri would be in school, and even the grades she received from her schools. The day of reckoning came, Ruth missed a test and was required to visit the office of the female lecturer. It was a time of chaos as it was on that day when the lecturer attempted to charm Ruth but she walked out of the office with no hesitation.
Ruth Kadiri started in the church and was writing stories in her high school days. She wrote short stories and scripts before deciding to audition for a film. Ruth Kadiri first auditioned at the Wale Adenuga Studios – a famous movie label in Nigeria. At the time of the auditions at the Wale Adenuga Studion, Ruth Kadiri came across Victor Eze, who runs an academy for script writing. Ruth gained more experience in film writing and later created her first script for a movie entitled “Wild and Dirty” following that, more scripts were written until she began appearing to the camera.
Ruth Kadiri’s first film in the film industry was Boy’s Cot’, where she was in the film with some of the biggest names in the film industry of Nollywood like Nonso Diobi Uche Jombo Jim Iyke as well as Mike Ezuruonye. In the years since her acting career began, Ruth has appeared in more than a hundred films. She has also written and co-written an abundance of films, including matters Arising, Heart of a Fighter, Ladies Men, Sincerity, First Class, and Over the Edge. After having been through hardships in life Ruth Kadiri has the determination to reach out to those in need.
Films in which Ruth Kadiri is featured, films, include:
- Breath of Love
- Change of Ownership
- Deceptive Heart
- Heart of a Fighter
- Honeymoon guys
- Internet Hustlers
- Ladies Gang
- Limpopo Chicks
- Mad Couple
- Matters Arising
- Mercy the Bus Driver
- Negative Influence
- Over the Edge
- Somebody Lied
- Stolen Lives
- The Patient Girl
- War for Limpopo
- Yankee Students
SEE ALSO :
Ruth Kadiri has written and co-written a number of films with other screenwriters of repute. The following films are in her portfolio:
- Matters Arising
- Over the Edge
- Heart of a Fighter
- Ladies Men
- First Class
Ruth is regarded for being one of the most prestigious female filmmakers in Nigeria. Her productions include Nollywood films like:
- Matter Arising
- Over the Edge
- Somebody Lied
- Memory Lane
Awards and Nominations
Ruth Kadiri’s efforts in the film industry have earned her many accolades, awards, and nominations. There are two awards on her record and she has been nominated to receive prizes both inside and outside of Nigeria.
- The Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the Actress of the Year – Winner – 2015.
- City People Movie Award for the Best Actress of the year – Winner – 2018.
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards for the Best Female Viewers Choice – Nominated – 2015.
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards for the Best On-screen Duo with Majid Michel – Nominated – 2015.
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards for the Best Actress – Nominated – 2015.
- City People Movie Award for the Face of Nollywood – Nominated – 2018.
- Ghana Movie Awards for the Best Movie African Collaborations – Nominated – 2019
- 2019 – Ghana Movie Awards for the Best Actress African Collaboration – Nominated – 2019
Ruth was married in November to Mr. Ezerika. She was married to Mr. Ezerika in November 2018. They held a secret, traditional wedding that was white and traditional. Because of some unidentified motives, Ruth decided to keep the name of her husband hidden, and even hide his other identity from the media.
Before getting married to Ezerika, Ruth Kadiri admitted that she was not in control over when she will find the perfect couple to tie the knot with or even marry. She said she hopes to raise a family “the right way”.
Rumors of Ruth Kadiri’s wedding are that she is engaged to an ex-boyfriend who was thought of as a fraudster who was smuggling from London as well as Nigeria. It was discovered that the person she was supposed to be dating is married and has children in London and, more shockingly, the spouse of her boyfriend is aware of the truth about Ruth. Also, Ruth Kadiri once was a lover of Nollywood film producer Stanley Ebonine, but their relationship ended abruptly and the reasons were revealed. In addition, in 2017 there was speculation about her engagement to an unknown man. The man, who is not named, was seen in the video posing with and playing with Kadiri.
Some time ago, Ruth Kadiri was seen in the Range Rover Sports car, however, there was no doubt that her man, who was not identified, purchased it on her behalf. The actress denied the claim and claimed that she bought the car using her own money and in total.
Ruth Kadiri is an eminent philanthropist as well as the creator of Ruth Kadiri Kids. She founded the foundation in order to assist children who are struggling to reach their goals and aspirations. Through her charitable foundation, she provides financial support as well as inspirational lectures. As of 2012 Ruth Kadiri sponsored the education of five students from the First Foundation College in Ajegunle, Lagos State.
Ruth Kadiri is one of the most powerful and wealthy actors, film writers and philanthropist from Nigeria with a net worth of $1.5 Million
Ruth Kadiri’s story is not without controversy. She is able to steer. She is extremely cautious about her private life and is very private about it. That’s the reason she didn’t want to marry her. There was a time when her name was mentioned in a scandal that involved a well-known pastor known by the name of Apostle Suleiman as well as Stephanie Otobo. It is believed that she was among the numerous women that Pastor Suleiman engaged in an affair. But, she was stunned by being challenged to respond to the accusation and said it was false.
- ^ “Ruth Kadiri and Majid Michel’s Matters Arising”. Nigerian Voice. Retrieved 1 November 2021.
- Go Back to Top Ruth Kadiri, Naija
- “Ruth Kadiri reportedly welcomes 1st child”. Pulse Nigeria. 22 August 2019. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- “Ruth Kadiri releases new photos of her daughter to mark her first birthday”. Pulse Nigeria. 26 August 2020. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- “Actress Ruth Kadiri welcomes second child”. Punch Newspapers. 21 July 2022. Retrieved 21 July 2022.
- “Ruth Kadiri welcomes second child”. Vanguard News. 21 July 2022. Retrieved 21 July 2022.
- “Ruth Kadiri welcomes second child The Nation Newspaper”. 21 July 2022. Retrieved 21 July 2022.
- “The Second Child Of Actress Ruth Kadiri Has Arrived”. The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News. 21 July 2022. Retrieved 21 July 2022.
- Nollywood Star Birthday: Ruth Kadiri, IrokoTV, Retrieved 14 October 2016
- “Ruth Kadiri and Majid Michel’s Matters Arising”. Nigerian Voice. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Bodunrin, Sola (30 November 2015). “Check Out How Ruth Kadiri Destroyed Her Perfect Relationship Over The Edge”. Naija.ng – Nigeria news. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Pulse. “Somebody Lied”: Ruth Kadiri, Alex Ekubo, others in the new movie”. pulse.ng. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- “Ruth Kadiri wins Actress of the Year at NEA AWARDS 2015 – Nigeria Movie Network”. www.nigeriamovienetwork.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- “Ruth Kadiri others, nominated for GIAMA Awards 2010 – Entertainment News | Viasat1.com.gh”. www.viasat1.com.gh. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- goldenicons (3 September 2015). “NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED FOR 2015 GOLDEN ICONS ACADEMY MOVIE AWARDS (GIAMA)”. Golden Icons. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- “Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Charles Inojie and Ruth Kadiri win at movie awards ceremony”. Pulse Nigeria. 17 September 2018. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- “Nominees Released for 2019 Ghana Movie Awards – Full List”. GhanaCelebrities.Com. 9 December 2019. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- Augoye, Jayne (2 December 2020). “2020 BON: Here are 5 nominees for the ‘Best Kiss’ category”. Retrieved 11 October 2021.