[People Profile] All We Know About Chidinma Biography: Age, Career, Spouse, Family, Net Worth
Chidinma Biography: Age, Career, Spouse, Family, Net Worth
Chidinma Ekile, also known as Chidinma is Chidinma is a Nigerian hip-hop singer who is now a gospel and songwriter. She ascended to fame after winning three seasons of Project Fame West Africa.
Profiling ChidinmaA Quick Glance At Chidinma
|Full Names||Chidinma Ekile
|Date Of Birth||2, May 1991|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|State of Origin||Imo State, Nigeria
|Occupation||Singer • Songwriter • Actress
|Academics||University of Lagos|
|Net Worth||US$2.8 million
Chidinma (born 2 May 1991) and performing worldwide under the name Chidinma Chidinma a gifted Nigerian gospel actress, singer, and musician. She soared to stardom when she won her third series of Project Fame West Africa.
Following the release of the music video for the ” Emi Ni Baller” single She was the first female singer to reach the top spot in the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 chart.
She also debuted her debut single sound Sultan-assisted track ” Jankoliko“. Her debut album, the eponymous Chidinma was released via spinlet. It was based on the platform for music Spinlet and was accompanied by the songs “Jankoliko”, “Carry You Go”, “Kedike,” and “Run Dia Mouth”. The album also features Sound Sultan, Tha Suspect, Olamide, and Muna appearances by guest artists.
Chidinma won the award for Best Female West African Act at the 2012 Kora Awards and performed ” Kedike” at the awards ceremony. She has recently signed to Eezee Concept, releasing her track, Jehovah Overdo.
Chidinma Ekilepopularly called Chidinma Chidinma is a Nigerian musician, singer, and actress. On the 2nd of May, 1991 the singer was born in Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos State. She is originally from the Imo States. She is the sixth of seven children.
Her birth parents were Igbo tribe parents and her parents are Martha Ekile (mother) and Hillary Ekile (father). She has two sisters who have been changed to Chidinma And Chidiebere Aneke as well as called Chidinma and Chidiebere Aneke, also known as the Aneke twins…
Chidinmagrew in the home of a strict father. She started singing at age six. When she was 10 years old, she joined the choir. old she was a member of her church’s choir.
Chidinma initially rejected her enrollment at the University of Lagos due to her success in Project Fame West Africa. When she spoke to YNaija she revealed that she’s always taken school seriously and that her decision to apply to Unilagwas unavoidable. The singer also stated that music was never in her plan, but she decided to give it a go after winning the competition.
Chidinma was a student at secondary and primary school in Ketu prior to moving to Ikorodu. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of Lagos however she was keen to pursue studies in Mass Communication.
When she auditioned for the third season of Project Fame West Africa she had dreams of participating in the reality TV show. With the help and encouragement of her close-knit friends, Chidinmaleft her home in Ikorodu and headed into Ultima Studios. She was among eight thousand contestants to show off their talents.
Then, Chidinmajoined 17 other contestants in the Fame Academy round. In the course of 10 weeks, music professionals guided her and the other contestants: voice coaches motivational performers, and established musicians with music industry service companies.
In addition, contestants were instructed on choreography as well as several drills for rehearsal. Chidinmawas was announced as the winner of the contest on the 26th of September, 2010. She was awarded numerous prizes which included N2.5 million and a Toyota RAV4 from 2011 as well as a production agreement. Then, in May 2013, Chidinma signed an endorsement agreement with MTN Nigeria.
In line with her words, Chidinmatransitioned into the Gospel Music Industry after signing Eezee Conceptz which is a gospel-producing agency.
Chidinmastarted in the studio working on her debut album Chidinmaafter the release of an album in collaboration with another finalist from season 3. The album was planned to be released during the 4th quarter of the year 2011. She discussed the album in a brief interview and stated that she invested a lot of effort into it.
She was a producer with many producers such as Cobhams Asuquo, Tee-Y Mix, WazBeat as well as Oscar Heman Ackah. She debuted her Sound Sultan-assisted tracks ” Jankoliko” and ” Carry You Go” on February 22nd, 2011. The songs were written and recorded by Oscar Heman Akkah…
In an interview via the Weekly Trust website, Chidinmasaid she was delighted by the response she received after the music was released. She also said that she is working to perfect her craft. On June 4, 2011, Chidinmareleased a Clarence Peters-directed music video for ” Jankoliko“. On the 11th of October, 2011, she dropped ” Kedike” as the album’s third single.
The song is a translation of ” Heartbeat” and was written through Cobhams Asuquo. in an interview with Entertainment Rave, Chidinmarevealed that she and her collaborators invented the song’s title and claimed that it represents love.
The Clarance Peters-directed music video for ” Kedike” was released on the 24th of January 2012. Nigerian artist Dammy Krane was Chidinma‘s romance lover in the music video. On October 11, 2011, she debuted its fourth track ” Run Dia Mouth.”
On the 14th of September, 2012, she dropped her “Illbliss” and Tha Suspect-assisted single ” Emi Ni Baller“. The track was produced by Legendury Beatz. It’s true, Academy reached the top spot on Vanguard’s list of the top 10 songs of 2013. The official remix of ” Emi Ni Baller” was released on February 22, 2013. The track featured vocals from Wizkid and was recorded by Legendury Beatz. Capital Dreams Pictures released the music video for ” Emi Ni Baller” on June 12, 2013.
It was directed and shot by a director in The U.K directed by Clarence Peters. On June 10, 2013, Chidinma came out with three hits: “Bless My Hustle”, “Kite,” and “Jolly”, all of which were recorded by Tha Suspect, Del B, and Wizzboy, and Wizzboy, respectively.
On 14 September 2013, Chidinmareleased ” Oh Baby“. The remix was released on the 29th of January, 2014, and featured the Flavour N’Abania duo. The two songs were written by Young D. On May 2nd, 2014, she unveiled her music video ” Oh Baby (You & I)”. The video was written and directed by Clarence Peters and features Ngozi Nawosu as well as OC Ukeje.
One of Chidinma‘s latest hit songs has been ” Fallen In Love,” made available in the year 2017. The video has more than 77.5 million viewers on YouTube.
[People Profile] All We Know About Zlatan Ibile Biography: Age, Career, Spouse, Family, Net Worth
How old is Chidinma? She was born on the 2nd of May 1991, she is 31 years old as of October 2022.
Chidinma began her acting career when she appeared in a 2017 film, The Bridge (2017 film) which was written by Kunle Afolayan.
After a lengthy absence from the music industry, Chidinma Ekile came back in May 2021. However, this time for her 30th birthday. She posted pictures from her birthday on Instagram.
She is disappointed that she has spent over nine years in secular music. She says her switch towards the gospel was driven by a new relationship with God and her knowledge of the importance of their Christian faith.
To announce her entry into her new home in the Nigerian Gospel music industry, Chidinmareleased her debut gospel single entitled ‘ Jehovah Over Do on Sunday, May 2 2021. This New Season EP consists of six tracks as well as a bonus track (making 7 tracks total) it was officially released on the 23rd of August 2021.
She has since then released some songs, which include:
- I Am A Winner (with MTN Project Fame All-Stars) – 2011
- Jankoliko (featuring Sound Sultan) in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Carry You Go in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Kedike in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Run Dia Mouth in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Emi Ni Baller (featuring Tha Suspect and iLLBliss) – 2012
- Kite – 2013
- Emi Ni Baller – Remix (featuring WizKid) – 2013
- Bless My Hustle (featuring Phyno) – 2013
- Jolly – 2013
- Oh Baby – 2013
- Sweet Like Shuga (with Flavour, KCee, Sound Sultan, and Professor) – 2013
- CAPITAL Krismas (with Tha Suspect, iLLBliss, Tesh Carter, and Clarence Peters) – 2013
- Oh Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour) – 2014
- Kuli Kache – 2014
- Martha – 2014
- Fallen In Love”-2017
- Jehovah Overdo”-2021
- This Love
[People Profile] All We Know About Sarz Biography: Age, Career, Spouse, Family, Net Worth
Awards & Nominations
Over the years, Chidinma has been nominated for a good number of awards which includes:
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at The Headies – 2012
- Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) nominated her for Best Afro Pop – 2012
- Best Indigenous Concept nominee at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2012
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Best New Act of the Year – 2012
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2012
- At the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), I Am Sorry was nominated as the Best Afro Hip Hop Video – 2013.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated Emi Ni Baller as the Most Gifted African West – 2013
- Nominated for Best Collabo at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards – 2014
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year – 2014
- Female Artist of the Year nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director) nominee at Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominated Oh! Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour N’abania) for Best Collaboration at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominee at African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Female West Africa – 2014
- MTV Africa Music Awards nominated her as the Best Female – 2014
- Best Female West African Act by Kora Awards in 2012
- Best Pop Extra Video by Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013.
[People Profile] All We Know About Fizzyfrosh Biography: Age, Career, Spouse, Family, Net Worth
Chidinma is currently single. There are rumors that she’s engaged to Nigeria’s famous musician Flavor. She has also been linked with Wizkid in the past.
Chidinma‘s Net worth stands at US$2.8 million. She is among the richest female artists in Nigeria.
- Instagram: @chindinmaekile