Toyin Abraham Biography, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
In This Review
Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi, a Nigerian actor and filmmaker
Profiling Toyin AbrahamA Quick Glance At Toyin Abraham
|Full Names||Toyin Aimakhu Abraham Ajeyemi|
|Year Of Birth||5, September 1982|
|State of Origin||Edo State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Actress • Film Maker|
|Spouse • Husband:||Kolawole Ajeyemi|
|Academics||Osun State Polytechnic Iree|
|Movie||King of Thieves (2022 film)|
Toyin Aimakhu Abraham Adeyemi (born on September 5, 1982) is a Nigerian actress, film director, and film producer, and influencer in the media.
Due to her influence and her followership her popularity, she is considered an established celebrity in the Nigerian film industry.
In the past, Toyin Abraham made headlines following the release of her film entitled, Fate of Alakada which won her awards over the course of the following months.
She is currently engaged to her husbandKolawole Ajeyemi an actor. She is also a proud mom.
[People Profile] All We Know About Gift Anizoba Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth, Controversy
Prior to changing her name in the year 2016, Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi was earlier known by the name Toyin Aimakhu.
Her birthplace was Auchi, Edo State but she was groomed early from The Southwestern area of Nigeria.
Toyin Abraham was born in the town of Ibadan, Oyo State, in the Yoruba-speaking population of the nation. Her interest in acting was rooted in her love for traditional plays, which were telecast on local television stations in the early days.
Although her guardians were insistent on her education and the prospect of employment with a white collar, however, she was able to go to school and attend movie auditions from time to time.
Her ability to recognize situations and manage them effectively was a draw for many of her childhood buddies.
After finishing her elementary education at a local school within her community, Toyin Aimakhu Abraham enrolled at St. Anne’s School; located in Ibadan, and was among the top students graduating from her group.
She was a candidate for a Pre-National Diploma at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree after which she spent a few years in the Institution before advancing to an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) degree.
Finally, Toyinobtained a Higher National Diploma Certificate in Marketing from Ibadan Polytechnic.
Toyin Aimakhu Abraham made her debut in the Nigerian film industry in 2003 when actress Bukky Wright was in Ibadan for a film shoot.
At the time, she was still in the process of completing her studies but was able to take time out to participate in auditions. When her performance was judged to be outstanding, she was invited to be a part in other films.
Toyin Aimakhu Abraham is today a well-known celebrity within the Nollywood industry. Following her debut, she went to be featured in both Yoruba and English films, including
- Alani Baba labake (2013)
- Ebi mi ni (2013)
- Alakada (2013)
- Okafor’s Law (2016)
- What Makes you Tick (2016)
- Love is in the Hair (2016)
- Alakada Reloaded (2017)
- Esohe (2017)
- Hakkunde (2017)
- Mentally (2017)
- Tatu (2017)
- London Fever (2017)
- Wives on Strike: The Revolution (2017)
- Celebrity Marriage (2017) featuring Tonto Dikeh, Felix Ugo Omokhodion, and Jackie Appiah
- The Ghost and the Tout (2018)
- Seven anf Half Dates (2018)
- Disguise (2018)
- What just happened (2018)
- Elevator Baby (2019)
- Don’t Get Mad, Get Even (2019)
- Made in Heaven (2019)
- Two Weeks in Lagos (2019)
- The Millions (2019)
- Kasanova (2019)
- Bling Lagosians (2019)
- Nimbe (2019)
- Diamonds In The Sky (2019)
- Fate of Alakada (2020)
- Dear Affy (2020)
- Small Chops (2020)
- Sola Fe Pami
- Shadow Parties (2020)
- Kambili (2020)
- Fate of Alakada (2020)
- The Prophetess (2021)
- The Therapist (2021)
- Day of Destiny (2022)
- King of Thieves (2022 film) (2022)
In the past, Toyin Aimakhu Abraham amazed her fans with her direction of a film entitled, The Fate of Alakada. The film, which was a hit at the top of the box office also garnered her praise after its release.
The film star turned director also has the reality show Keeping Up with Toyin Aimakhu and is followed by followers through social networks.
The year 2013 was the time that Abraham became married to actress and model Adeniyi Johnson. Johnson is who is a Nollywood actor. The wedding ended in the year 2019. In July of 2019, she was engaged in an engagement in the traditional way with actor Kolawole Adeyemi. actor as well. They were blessed with their baby girl in July of 2019.
Her name was changed to Toyin Aimakhu Toyin Abraham in the year 2016. According to her, it was a family decision
Awards and nominations
|2017||Five Continents International Film Festival||Best Supporting Actress Feature Film||Hakkunde||Won|
|Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Supporting Actress –English||Tatu||Nominated|
|2020||Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards||Best Actress in a Drama||Elevator Baby||Won|
|Best Actress in a Comedy||Bling Lagosians||Nominated|
|Best Actress in a Comedy||Kasanova||Nominated|
|Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actress in a Lead role –English||Elevator Baby||Nominated|
Toyin Aimakhu Abraham‘s impact exceeds that of her position in the Nollywood industry. She’s also a significant voice on social media, with over 10 million people following her accounts.
Toyin the Aimakhu Abraham’s net worth is estimated at $1.6 million
- Instagram: @toyin_abraham
- Twitter: @toyin_abraham1
- Facebook: @Toyin Abraham (Actor)
- TikTok: @toyin_abraham
Toyin Abraham apologizes to Mercy Aigbe over crashed marriage controversy
Nollywood actor, Toyin Abraham, has apologized to her colleague Mercy Aigbe following their public “fight” on Instagram.
Toyin has been accused in the past of Mercy being the cause of her divorce from her ex-husband Adeniyi Johnson.
This came the day Mercy Aigbe sent a congratulatory message to the fiancee of Adeniyi Johnson.
But, Toyin, on Thursday posted to her Instagram page to apologize to Mercy. The caption reads:
Nollywood star, Toyin Abraham, has apologized to her co-worker, Mercy Aigbe following their public fight on Instagram.
Toyin has been accused in the past of Mercy that she was the reason for her divorce from her ex-husband Adeniyi Johnson.
This happened the day Mercy Aigbe sent a congratulatory message to Adeniyi’s fiancée.
But, Toyin, on Thursday posted on her Instagram page to apologize to Mercy.
She described the accusation as a moment messing up’
“I am a result of grace. Even in my most difficult moment which included “mess-up” and the deepest hole of hell, God found me and offered me another chance, and set me on a path of grace.
“Do I make mistakes from time to time? Yes. Similar to the Mercy Aigbe mistake, this was a mistake from my side. I was erroneous and out of the norm. I’ve since contacted Mercy and we’ve worked out our disagreements.
“Today we had the need to communicate. I’m truly sorry. It’s time to focus on the end goal and look forward to something more positive over the previous and the future”. Toying Abraham said in his writing.
- Nollywood Star, Aimakhu Now To Be Called Toyin Abraham”. Channels Television. Channels TV. Channels TV. 29 December 2016. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Desola Ade-Unuigbe (7 November 2014). “Toyin Aimakhu: We haven’t done our Traditional and White Wedding Because There is no Money”. BellaNaija. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- “Toyin Abraham, husband reconcile after rumored marriage crash”. Vanguard. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- “No regret dating a junior actor –Toyin Abraham”. The Punch. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- “Find Out the Red Hot Gift Toyin Aimakhu received from hubby Adeniyi Williams for Valentine’s Day!”. BellaNaija. 14 February 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- “Archived copy”. This Day. Archived from the original on 20 February 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Chidumga Izuzu (15 February 2016). “Black Val” Toyin Abraham, Iyabo Ojo, Dayo Amusa, Desmond Elliott attend premiere”. Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- “Dayo Amusa tops BON Awards nominees’ list – Nigerian Entertainment Today”. Nigeria Entertainment Today. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- “Tinimash boss Animashaun Martini opens up on career”. The Nation. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- “Please, don’t mention my name with any man again, Toyin Aimakhu pleads”. Encomium Magazine. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- “Toyin Abraham gets new ambassadorial deal”. The Guardian. 11 July 2020. Retrieved 25 March 2021.
- “Toyin Abraham signs endorsement deal with Checkers Custard”. Vanguard. 7 February 2022. Retrieved 6 April 2022.
- Okanlawon, Taiwo (23 January 2020). “Toyin Lawani makes Nollywood debut in Fate of Alakada“. P.M. News. Retrieved 15 April 2022.
- Abimbola, Oluwakemi (5 December 2018). “Toyin refused to sign our divorce papers, estranged husband, Adeniyi Johnson laments”. The Punch. Retrieved 15 April 2022.
- Augoye, Jayne (14 August 2019). “Toyin Abraham remarries, weds colleague Kola Ajeyemi”. Premium Times. Retrieved 15 April 2022.
- “Toyin Abraham, Rita Dominic return to set for The Therapist”. The Nation. 2 September 2020. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- “Toyin Abraham”. IMDb. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- “AMVCA 2020: Full list of winners”. Pulse Nigeria. 14 March 2020. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- Augoye, Jayne (2 December 2020). “2020 BON: Here are 5 nominees for the ‘Best Kiss’ category”. Premiumtimesng.com. Retrieved 11 October 2021.