Petra Bockle Biography, Career, Spouse, Networth
In This Review
Petra Bockle (born on 14th May 1995) popularly referred to as Petra is an aspiring rapper, songwriter, and singer who is of Kenyan as well as Seychellois descent. Petra performs in Swahili and English with a tendency to switch between the two. She credits 2Pac, Eminem, MC Lyte, and Lil’ Kim as musical inspirations.
Profiling PetraA Quick Glance At Petra
|Full Names||Petra Yolanda Sonia Bockle
|Date Of Birth||14th May 1995
|Place of Birth||Kenya|
|Tracks||Teritory, I got that, Bandit, Stand up Inuka|
Childhood and early life
Petra Bockle was born to a Kenyan mother and a Seychellois father. Her father passed away in 2004 at the age Petra was 9 years old Petra Bockle began to become involved in music at this time in the form of therapy.
Petrah was first recognized in the music business through her performance in”Ligi Soo,” a remix “Ligi Soo Remix,” which featured a variety of famous Kenyan artists, such as Madtraxx, Jay A, Mejja as well as Kaka Sungura.
SEE ALSO: [People Profile] All We Know About Bigiano Biography, Life, Career, Relationship, Scandals
She came back to the scene in 2018, and collaborated on a track entitled “Rider” with Kenyan hip rapper Khaligraph Jones. In August of that following year, the singer released her own extended play project “Petra Bockle Volume. 1″ A three-track album with Bwanangoma.
She has since become the top female rapper in East Africa and Africa. Her amazing recording career has brought acclaim from the international and local entertainment worlds.
“I Got That,” with Victoria Kimani, “Turn Off The Lights,” with Vybz Cartel, and “Pickle Pepper,” with Savago Savo,” to mention a few, are just a few of her signature hits over the years. During Mr. Eazi’s Kenya tour, Petra joined him on stage for the Hypefest performance.
A few months later, Petra was featured on a different track titled “Khali Kartel Cypher”. Petra was on stage with Mr. Eazi during the Hypefest concert of the Kenya tour. The track she released in the new year “I got that” features the singer Victoria Kimani.
Nominations and Awards
The year 2012 was the time Petra received an award as the best female performer in Kenya Coast Music Awards. Kenya Coast Music Awards. Later in 2015, she was awarded the most female hip-hop musician in the Pwani Celebrity Awards.
SEE ALSO: [People Profile] All We Know About Zazu Portable Biography, Networth, Girlfriend, Career, Scandals
- “Petra Biography”. Softkenya. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Anyuolo, Lena (14 March 2018). “Song review; Khali Cartel by Khaligraph Jones”. HapaKenya. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Kwamboka, Rose. “Petra’s Originality”. SDE News. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- Omondi, Jeff (13 August 2013). “Photos: Exposing the Super Hot Young Femcee Who Killed It in “Ligi Soo Remix” – Ghafla!”. Ghafla!. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- Omondi, Jeff. “Thanks To ‘Ligi Soo Remix’ Rabbit is Now The Artist To Beat – Ghafla!”. www.ghafla.com. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- “Ligi Soo (Remix) – Rabbit ft. Various Artists (Jay A, Mejja, Chiwawa, Madtraxx, Petra, Shikow FemOne, Razz, Lyra Aoko & Wangechi)”. Bottom Line Kenya. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Kamau, Richard (13 February 2018). “Khaligraph Jones and Femcee Petra Trade Mad Bars in Hot New Joint ‘Rider’ [Watch]”. NairobiWire. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Nyota, Maxwell (26 February 2018). “Exclusive: Khaligraph Jones Speaks Of New Jam With Petra”. KenyanVibe. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Ngigi, Elizabeth (1 March 2018). “I enjoyed raw liver and didn’t deworm – Petra”. The Star (Kenya). Radio Africa Group. Retrieved 6 May 2018.