Faithia Balogun Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth
In This Review
Fathia Balogun Biography
Faithia Balogun was born on the 5th of February 1969, in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria. Fathia is from Urhobo, Ethiopia East local government area in Delta state. She is a very well-known actor in the Nollywood industry, particularly among Yoruba people.
Profiling Faithia BalogunA Quick Glance At Faithia Balogun
|Full Names||Fathia Akorede Adunni Balogun
|Date Of Birth||5, February 1969|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|State of Origin||Delta State|
|Occupation||Actor, Film Director, Film producer|
|Movie||MY WOMAN (2018)|
Fathia Balogun Age
Fathia Balogun is 53 of age.
Fathia Balogun Early Life
Fathia comes from a Catholic polygamous household and the couple is the parents of nine. She was born in the Ikeja area of Lagos in Lagos, where she went to Olufunmila Nursery School, after which she attended Maryland Elementary School, Maryland, Lagos. Her secondary education was in Maryland Comprehensive High School, Lagos. She continued her education through Kwara State Polytechnic, Kwara where she earned a degree in Law.
Fathia Balogun Career
Fathia was a receptionist general for Chips Bit & Bit, which was a Computer Company on Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos back when she started earning an average of N5,000 per month. She was unsure of whether to believe in fate or a coincidence! The story began in the mid-’90s. Alhaji Fatai Tseniola helped her to enter the Industry by having her appear in a film. The Nollywood actress admitted that acting was never a part of her goals in the sense that she wanted to become a broadcaster, even though her father of her wanted her to become an accountant.
The actress revealed that she couldn’t achieve her goals due to the fact that she was not able to get through the JAMB examinations and due to the long time she spent at home, her father was forced to allow her freedom to pursue whatever she wanted. She also admitted that she was attempting to become a lawyer but was unable to do it because of the extra workload that is given to law students in schools. According to The Nation paper, she stated: “After several attempts with JAMB, because my maths was poor, and coupled with the fact that I was staying too long at home, my father advised me to do whatever pleased me.”
Balogun is among the biggest stars of the Nigeria film industry the present, her most popular movies are: Farayola (2009), Aje metta ( 2008), Aje metta 2 (2008), Awawu (2015), Teni Teka (2015), Omo Ale (2015), Agbelebu Mi (2016), Basira Badia (2016), Adakeja (2016), Eku Eda (2016) and My Woman (2018)
Fathia Balogun Personal Life
Fathia Balogun has been a well-known Yoruba actress who was wed to Saheed (Saidi) Balogun at the beginning of her professional career. They have two children, Khalid Balogun and Aaliyah Balogun, 2014. However, they split because of infidelity issues, according to reports in the media.
- Farayola (2009)
- Aje meta (2008)
- Aje metta 2 (2008)
- Awawu (2015)
- Teni Teka (2015)
- Agbelebu Mi (2016)
- Basira Badia (2016)
- Adakeja (2016)
- Eku Eda (2006)
- MY WOMAN (2018)
Fathia Balogun Awards
Awards won by Fathia include:
- Most Outstanding Actress Indigenous (2008)
- AMVCA Best Local Language Yoruba (2015)
- City People Movie Special Recognition Award (2016)
- Nigeria Entertainment Award for Best Actress (2016)
- City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (Yoruba, 2017)
Fathia Balogun Controversy
Nigerians attack Faithia Balogun’s website to hurl curses at her over her “Oko Iyabo” movie
Nigerians have taken to actress Faithia Balogun, now known as Faithia William’s Facebook page, to hurl curses at the actress over Yomi Fabiyi’s controversial film Oko Iyabo, despite her not being in the film.
Kemi Filani News earlier reported that the upcoming film “Oko Iyabo” which chronicles the Baba Ijesha sexual rape scandal provoked fury from not only Nigerians but also celebrities too.
It is remembered you know that Baba Ijesha was arrested by the police in April due to an alleged assault on a 14-year-old foster child of the comedienne Princess.
Fabiyi has organized protests against the detention of Baba Ijesha and expressed readiness to serve as his security.
The film is directed by actress, Fabiyi as well as directed by Dele Matti.
The month before, Fabiyi had tweeted “The Film “OKO IYABO” location loading. An amazing story and idea. We are getting prepared. We are getting ready. OKO RAMOTA & u enjoyed it. Now, get prepared in anticipation of OKO IYABO.”
The film features other Yoruba famous actors, such as Hassan Ogogo, Adewale Elesho, Toyin Afolayan, Baba Olafaina, Akeem Alimi, and numerous others.
Nigerians took over Faithia Balogun’s Facebook page despite not having her featured in the film, to shower curses on her for having a part in the film.
Below are some reactions:
One Scents, by Halar wrote “Oloshi Oloriburuku, oloriburuku niyin ma …. I had no idea that you’d be this insensitive. Someone created a script that trivializes an innocent girl’s situation. …. Even if you didn’t have the morality to say no. …. You don’t have the slightest legal knowledge. How do you create a film that tells the story of a person’s life without their consent and make use of your real names… Do you realize what you think you’re doing? I wonder if you’d be able to do the same thing if it were your daughter. ….. If you’re a responsible adult, the right option regardless of who’s the right person or incorrect in this instance is to stay away from any controversy. But no, you’re not shaming you were required to appear in it, so Aunty Remi had to put some sense into you . the party. “You guys make me feel disgusted… I’m gonna block you, Madame, It’s the best thing you can do”
One Mafuzah wrote “If the person who was shameless were a. Even if ikebe super were daft, they were saying “agba okin wa loja kori omo tun tun wo ” but since ti Agba Tiyin is ineffective, it’s difficult to discern what’s wrong with the script. Agbaya, Eranko ……..”
Nikky ShineShine wrote, “I don’t want to believe what I just watched about this oko iyabo no no no it can’t be true no way”
“Call,” Me Dammy wrote, “I often wonder why people treat you with disrespect their idols so much. Your presence in Yomi’s new film clarifies the issue. You’re definitely an uninvolved woman. So disappointed”
Wumitepretty posted, “Abeg how much yomi give this woman, that makes her to disgrace her generation like this@faithiawilliams just bcoz it involved anty iyabo, this is bad, on top change, I don’t blame u, Sha, when guy way no reach ur age carry u go Dubai for ur yeye birthday, how u wan get a sense. Na small boys dey”
The author Peyemi Vopel wrote “I am shocked that the niece of my daughter is daughter’s friend in NTIC and I’m going to remind her to not talk with your daughter. To agree to appear in a film that says it’s acceptable for a minor to be with an older man is what you’re teaching your daughter. I’ll tell my niece that she should beware of your daughter at any at all costs.”
Fathia Balogun Net Worth
Fathia Balogun’s net worth is estimated to be around $750,000 dollars. There is no doubt that she’s a highly successful Nollywood actor and her fortune is due to …
- “Saheed Balogun: With Good Pay, I’ll Act With Fathia, Articles – THISDAY LIVE”. thisdaylive.com. Archived from the original on 16 February 2015. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- “Fathia Balogun had nothing to do with my broken marriage – Moji Olaiya”. The Punch – Nigeria’s Most Widely Read Newspaper. Archived from the original on 3 June 2015. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- Obialo, Maduawuchi (2019-09-25). “Fathia Balogun Biography & Net Worth (2020)”. Nigerian Infopedia. Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- “10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fathia Williams Balogun”. Youth Village Nigeria. 2016-04-11. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- “Yoruba Nollywood star, Fathia Balogun clocks 46 – Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Number 1 Entertainment Daily”. Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Number 1 Entertainment Daily. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- “Fathia Balogun’s Biography & Profile – Nollywood, Nigeria, News, Celebrity, Gists, Gossips, Entertainment”. naijagists.com. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- Reporter (2017-11-18). “FATHIA BALOGUN STORMS CITY PEOPLE’S OFFICE”. City People Magazine. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- “My husband talks too much”. Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- “Fathia Balogun gets big million naira endorsement”. Channels Television. Retrieved 2021-04-03.
- “AMAA Nominees and Winners 2008 – Africa Movie Academy Awards”. ama-awards.com. Archived from the original on 14 February 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- “Fathia Balogun, Odunlade Adekola shine @ Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2014”. Vanguard News. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- “AMVCA 2015: Iya Alalake Wins Best Indigenous Language – Yoruba”. dstv.com. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- “Saidi Balogun replies ex-wife Fathia Balogun, exposes her past divorce”. dailystar.com.ng. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- “Actress Fathia Balogun finally drops ex-hubby’s surname”. Vanguard News. 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2022-07-19.
- “Awawu: Watch Muyiwa Ademola, Fathia Balogun in new movie’s trailer”. Pulse Nigeria. Gbenga Bada. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- “Latest Fathia Balogun Movies & Filmograpghy”. Yoruba Movies. Retrieved 2017-05-08.