Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth
In This Review
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde (born on February 7, 1978) is an actor, singer, and philanthropist who hails from Lagos, Nigeria. Since the time of her Nollywood films debut back in the year 1995 she has been featured in over 300 films and has sold millions of copies of her videos.
Profiling Omotola Jalade EkeindeA Quick Glance At Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
|Full Names||Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
|Date Of Birth||7, February 1978|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|State of Origin||Ondo State|
|Occupation||Actress • TV Personality|
|Spouse||Capt. Matthew Ekeinde (m. 1996)|
|Academics||Obafemi Awolowo University|
|Net Worth||$7.2 million|
|TV Shows||Hit the Floor- End Game (2018)|
Omotola Jalade (born 7 February 1978) popularly known under the rock name Omotola Jalade Ekeinde MFR or OmoSexy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde MFR, is a renowned Nigerian actor, singer also philanthropist, and former model.
Since her Nollywood first appearance in the year 1995, she’s been featured in over 300 films and has sold millions of copies.
After receiving numerous awards, she launched a successful career in music and built an impressive fan base, she is dubbed by the media as the”real” Africa Magic.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is the first African star to garner more than one million followers on Facebook. She has over 3 million fans on Facebook.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde The person of Ondo descent is born in Lagos State. His birth date was the 7th day of February 1978 located in Lagos, Nigeria.
She was born into a family of five, which included her parents, and two brothers younger than her, Tayo Jalade and Bolaji Jalade.
The mother of her child, Oluwatoyin Jalade nee Amori Oguntade worked in J.T Chanrai Nigeria, and her father, Oluwashola Jalade, worked at the YMCA as well as at the Lagos Country Club.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde‘s initial goal was to pursue a career in the field of business management. In the midst of waiting for her grades at university, she started modeling to earn money.
She was a student at Chrisland School, Opebi (1981-1987), Oxford Children School(1987), Santos Layout, and Command Secondary School, Kaduna (1988-1993).
She spent a brief time with Obafemi Awolowo University and then completed the course in Yaba College of Technology (1996-2004) in which she was studying Estate Management.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde was first introduced to acting when she accompanied her friend on an audition. Her first role as an actor was in the movie Venom of Justice written by Reginald Ebere.
Reginald Ebere is credited with being the catalyst for her career. She was offered the role of the lead in the film which laid the foundation for a successful career in the film industry of Nollywood.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde was the first actress to play a major part in the critically-acclaimed movie Mortal Inheritance (1995). In the film, she played a sickle-cell patient fighting for her life, despite the odds of surviving. The character she played fought the illness and gave birth to the birth of a child.
* Want To Earn More Than EUR100-EUR1,000+ Per Day On Your Website? ? Click To Join HBAgency!
The film is widely regarded as one of Nigeria’s finest films ever produced. Since then, she’s been in a variety of blockbuster films which include Games Women Play, Blood Sisters, All My Life, Last Wedding, My Story, The Woman in Me, and more.
Following a role that defined her career In Mortal Inheritance, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde‘s performance in the film earned her “Best Actress in an English Speaking Movie” as well as “Best Actress Overall” at the (1997) Movie Awards. She was the youngest actress in Nigeria at the time to win this award.
In the latter half of the 1990s and into the early 2000s, the actress who was becoming more well-known starred in a variety of sequel films which included Lost Kingdom II, Kosorogun II along with Blood Sister II and earned her a major success award in the name of the Global Excellence Recognition Awards in the year (2004).
In the middle of the year (2000), Omotola Jalade Ekeinde was elevated to “A” list status. She was named Best Actress in a supporting role at the African Movie Academy Awards (2005).
After filming around 300 (300) video films, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde got her first film role in cinema in the (2010) film ” Ije“. The film was shot in places in Jos and in the United States.
” Ije” was the most-grossing Nollywood film of the time. It which was later broken in The Phone Swap (2012). She was a star as a character in The Nollywood blockbuster thriller Last Flight to Abuja, which defeated Hollywood blockbusters such as Spiderman, Think like a Man, Ice Age, The Avengers, and Madagascar to become the second highest-grossing film for West African cinemas in 2012.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has managed to receive more than forty (40) internationally and in the country. awards both domestic and international. She is known as the most renowned actress at the box office.
As of 2015, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde celebrated her 20th birthday in the world of entertainment. She has been in around 200 (200) films.
In June of 2018, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde together with Femi Odugbemi was invited to be Oscars 2018 (2018) voting participants.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde OmoSexy began her “long-awaited” music career in 2005, with the release of her debut album ” GBA“. The album featured songs like ” Naija Lowa” and ” The Things You Do To Me.”
Her second album, unreleased called “Me, Myself and Eyes produced by Paul Play Dairo and Del B. The album was accompanied by tracks ” Feel Alright” which featured Harrysong as well as ” Through the Fire” which featured Uche.
The party that launched the album took place in Nigeria and tables were expected to fetch N1 million.
In the second half of the year, 2012 Omotola Jalade Ekeinde began to work on her third studio album. She asked for help with the help of The Bridge Entertainment. She flew to Atlanta to collaborate with some famous musicians and producers who could make a record that would be a hit with American fans.
She was in the studio together with Kendrick Dean, Drumma Boy as well as Verse Simmonds and wrote a track with the singer Bobby V.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde married Captain Matthew Ekeinde in 1996. The couple then held an elegant white wedding ceremony aboard the Dash 7 aircraft while flying from Lagos to Benin (2001) and with close family and friends.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde gave birth to her first child on the 30th of March 1997. They have four kids, Princess Ekeinde Captain E, Meraiah Ekeinde, and Micheal Ekeinde. Her father passed away, Shola Jalade in the year 1991.
Reality TV Show
It was in 2012 that Omotola Jalade Ekeinde started her reality series, Omotola: The Real Me Omotola: The Real Me, which aired on Africa Magic Entertainment, an M-Net subsidiary that broadcasts on DStv.
This led to Omotola Jalade Ekeinde the first Nigerian popular to be a part of a reality TV show.
- Alter Ego (2017): Barrister Ada Igwe
- Blood in the Lagoon (2015): Scarlett Belo
- Amina (2012): Amina
- Last Flight to Abuja (2012): Suzie
- Ties That Bind (2011): Adaobi Onyomena
- A Private Storm 1,2 &3 (2010): Gina
- Mind Game (2010): Betty
- Ijé: The Journey (2010): Anya Opara Michino
- Last Celebrity 1&2 (2011)
- My Last Ambition 1&2 (2009): Amanda
- Kings Battle (2009)
- Beyonce & Rihanna 1&2 (2008)
- Blindfold 1&2 (2008)
- One on One 1&2 (2008)
- Sister’s Love 1,2,3 &4 (2008)
- Temple of Justice 1&2 (2008)
- Tomorrow Must Wait 1,2 &3 (2008)
- Worst Enemy 2 (2008)
- Yankee Girls 1&2 (2008)
- Careless Soul 1&2 (2007)
- Desperate Sister1&2 (2007)
- Final War 1&2 (2007)
- Power of Justice 1&2 (2007)
- Sand in My Shoes 1&2 (2007)
- Sister’s Heart 1&2 (2007)
- The Prince of My Heart 1&2 (2007)
- The Revelation 1&2 (2007)
- Titanic Battle 1&2 (2007)
- Total War 1&2 (2007)
- Sandra Jealousy (2006)
- Taste of Sin 1&2 (2006)
- Brave Heart 1&2 (2005)
- Games Women Play 1&2 (2005)
- Queen of Hasso Rock 1&2(2005)
- A Kiss from Rose 1&2(2004)
- All My Life 1&2 (2004)
- Die Another Day 1&2 (2004)
- Fateful Love 1&2 (2004)
- In Totality (2004):
- Olivia Last Wedding (2004):
- Sandra Snr. Last Wedding 2 (2004)
- Masterstroke 1&2 (2004)
- Moment of Joy 1&2 (2004)
- My Blood 1&2 (2004)
- No One But You (2004)
- Pretty Woman (2004)
- Royal Family 1&2 (2004)
- The Woman in Me 1&2 (2004)
- Worst Marriage1&2 (2004):
- Augusta Beyond Belief 1&2 (2003):
- Nkiru Blood Sister 1&2 (2003)
- Have a Dream 1&2 (2003)
- Will Die for You (2003)
- My Best Friend (2003)
- Oyato 1&2(2003)
- Rescue (2003)
- Society Lady (2003)
- Soul Provider (2003)
- The Outsider (2003)
- The Silent Book 1&2 (2003)
- Touching Love (2003)
- True Love (2003) Under Fire (2003)
- What I Want (2003)
- When Love Dies (2003)
- Working for Love (2003)
- Shackles and the Rugged Cross (2003)
- Kosorogun 1&2(2002)
- Lost Kingdom 1&2 (1999)
- Scores to Settle (1998)
- Mortal Inheritance (1996)
Awards & Nominations
- The gorgeous actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde was named Best Actress in an English Speaking Film at the 1996/97 Thema Awards for her portrayal of Kemi‘s character in Mortal Inheritance.
- She was also named Best Actress Overall for the same award show the same year for her excellent acting in Mortal Inheritance.
- She was awarded Best Actress in a Supporting Role during the African Movie Awards in 2005.
- In 2012, the talented actress was honored with a Black Entertainment Film Fashion TV and Arts (BEFFTA) Icon Award on October 27, 2012, for her outstanding contributions to the film industry worldwide.
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde acknowledged the recognition as an extraordinary moment for her, stating that the award is the best award she has received globally.
- She was named one of TIME Magazine’s Most influential people in the World in The 2013 TIME 100 list. Her name was listed under the Icons list alongside Michelle Obama, Beyoncé, Kate Middleton, and others.
- In 2018, she won Best Actress in a Drama/TV Series at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice awards.
- In 2014, the actress was honored with a Member of the Federal Republic (MFR) award by former President Goodluck Jonathan.
- Best Actress from the City People Awards for Excellence 2004.
- Best Actress & Grand Achiever at Global Excellence Recognition Awards in 2004.
- Most Friendly Actress by Youth Benefactor’s Awards, in 2006.
- Best Actress-Africa Collaboration at Ghana Movie Awards 2011
- Actress of the Year at Eloy Awards 2012
- Pan African Best Actress at Screen Nation Awards 2012
- GIAMA Humanitarian Award at Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards 2012.
- Ebony Vanguard Award at Music Video and Screen Awards 2013
- Female Entertainment Personality at City People Social Media Awards 2016
- Best Actress at Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival 2017
- Best Actress at Nollywood Travel Film Festival 2017
- Most Influential 100 People of African Descent at the United Nations by MIPAD 2018
- Movie Icon of the Year at City People Movie Awards 2018
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde was appointed the United Nations World Food Programme Ambassador in 2005. She has been to mission sites in Sierra Leone and Liberia. She also works with groups like Charles Odiii‘s SME100 Africa to empower young women and youth to be active in society.
She was active with her participation in the Walk the World project and was part of the Liberian Walk the World campaign with President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has been a passionate human rights activist and her charitable is centered around her NGO’s project called”the Omotola Youth Empowerment Programme(OYEP). The project brought thousands of youngsters together for the Empowerment Walk and Convention. She was a vocal contributor (2010) to The Rewrite The Future Campaign of Save The Children UK.
She has lent her voice (2010) to the Rewrite her voice in the Future Campaign of Save The Children UK.
She was an Amnesty International campaigner in (2011) and has been involved in campaigns for Sierra-Leone (Maternal Mortality) as well as her latest campaign for The Niger Delta in Nigeria in which she made the video in which she pleaded with Shell and government officials to acknowledge and clean up, as well as accept responsibility and make payments for the oil spills that have occurred within the Niger-Delta.
In June of 2020, the actress visited an orphanage in Tanzania operated by Tanzania Mitindo House, which concentrates on children with HIV. She was greeted at the Julius Nyerere airport by Tanzanian famous celebrity Wema Sepetu in the midst of music and dancing. She later had lunch with the children of the orphanage who reside in the residence in the home of Wema Sepetu.
In celebration of 2021’s World No Tobacco Day and the #SmokeFreeNollywood campaign Omotola Jalade Ekeinde as well as other Nollywood stars, including Dakore Egbuson Akande Daniel Effiong Meg Otanwa, Michelle Dede, Osas Ighodaro, amongst others, pledged to quit smoking cigarettes in their films since it could have an adverse effect on the young children who admired their idols. The campaign was supported by US non-profit group Tobacco-Free Kids and a sub-Saharan public strategy firm called Garfield.
- GBA (2005)
- Me, Myself, and Eyes
- 2014 “Barren Land”.
- 2015″Strong Girl (Remix)” is a featured artist
- Hit the Floor- End Game (2018
One of the highest earners and most famous African actors, the stunning model Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is estimated to have a fortune of US$7.2 million.