Mercy Chinwo Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth
In This Review
Mercy Chinwo (born 5th September 1990, aged 31 years old) is a well-known Gospel musician, singer as well as a musician hailing born in Nigeria. She is renowned for her achievements in the world of gospel singing. She is not only known as a vocalist, but she has also been in a film and runs her very own Youtube channel.
Profiling Mercy ChinwoA Quick Glance At Mercy Chinwo
|Full Names||Mercy Nnenda Chinwo-Uzochikwa
|Date Of Birth||5, September 1990|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|State of Origin||Rivers State, Nigeria
|Occupation||Actress • Musician
|Spouse||Blessed Uzochikwa (m. 2022)
|Academics||Obafemi Awolowo University|
Mercy Chinwo Uzochikwa (born 5 September 1990) known professionally by the name Mercy Chinwo, is a vibrant Nigerian musician, singer, and actress. She was just eight old at the time she started singing in the church choir she was a part of.
The singer gained fame in 2012 because of her triumph in the well-known talent contest Nigerian Idol. She was able to win due to her impressive voice, which surpassed her rivals.
Mercy Chinwo became famous for her most-charting hit track “Excessive Love” (2018). The track earned her a reputation as one of Nigeria’s most acclaimed singers in the Nigerian Gospel music ministry and received her recognition both on a worldwide and national scale.
The passion of Mercy Chinwo‘s main motivation. She began small, but she had her eyes fixed on the bigger picture. She was certain of what she wanted and kept her eyes on the prize. Her first job was as a child’s singer before moving onto an even bigger stage. In order for her to be successful, the opportunity and the preparation need to coincide.
Mercy Chinwo who was previously known by the name “Mercy” Nnenda Chinwo was born on September 5, 1990. The name of her mother is Eno Jerry while her father’s name isn’t known however she does have a stepfather who is named Jerry Eze.
She hasn’t provided many details regarding her dad. But, she is the first daughter and fourth in the family all-around. The Nigerian singer is born in Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria. Mercy Chinwo is an indigenous of Rivers State, Nigeria.
Mercy Chinwo‘s father died as a young girl, yet she hasn’t shared his father’s name. She was a serious musician because, as the first child she was expected to take charge of herself and her siblings.
At the age of eight, Mercy Chinwo began her musical career at the church when she sang in the youth choir of the church. After her adult choir was formed, she was the music director of choir.
Alongside this, she also gave her talent in gospel music to famous names such as Sammie Okposo, Chris Morgan, and others. As her passion for music increased, she began taking part in music contests until she was introduced to Nigerian Idol. She won the second round of the Nigerian talent contest that made her famous.
She made her debut in the year 2015 with her track Testimony The track was and was followed by the track Igwe (2016). The Cross My Gaze, Mercy Chinwo‘s debut album of her own, was released on February 20, 2018.
EeZee Conceptz released the 16-track contemporary gospel album via Dixtrit Media. Shady B, Fiokee, Chris Morgan along with Olaitan Odoko were featured on it. She has continued to release praise songs that are uplifting since.
One of the artists associated with EeZee Concept is Mercy Chinwo. He is Mr. Ezekiel ThankGod Onyedikachukwu ( Eezee Tee) the proprietor and director of the record label EeZee Concept. With a passion to make a godly move to the end of the world, It is a Christian record label that is carrying the mission of God’s creation on earth.
Alongside Mercy Chinwo, Tim Godfrey oversees other music ministers such as Frank Edwards, Preye Odede, Hilda Dokubo, and others who make use of their music to promote the gospel effectively.
Mercy Chinwo is also an actress. She made her acting debut in her debut film, House of Gold. Pascal Amanfo is the director of the Nigerian-Ghanaian comedy House of Gold that Yvonne Nelson directed.
Starring top stars such as Francis Odega, Yvonne Nelson, Omawumi, Ice Prince, Eddie Watson, Majid Michel, and many more She played the leading character of Lucia.
- Testimony, 2015
- Igwe, 2016
- Trust, 2017
- Excess Love, 2018
- Omekannaya, 2018
- Correct, 2019
- Rest, 2019
- My Responsibility, 2018
- Imenem, 2018
- No More Pain, 2018
- Chinedum, 2018
- Regular 2018 (featuring Fiokee)
- Bor Ekom, 2019
- Incredible God, 2019
- Excess Love Remix 2019 (featuring JJ Hairston)
- Power Belongs to Jesus, 2019
- Oh Jesus, 2019
- Akamdinelu, 2019
- True God 2019 (featuring Israel Dammy, ChiZee, Judikay & Mercy Chinwo)
|2013||House of Gold||Lucia|
Awards & Achievements
- Galaxy Music Awards, Gospel Artiste of the Year, 2019
- Female African Artiste of the Year, Gospel Touch Music Awards, 2019
- Artiste of Excellence West Africa
- Best Gospel Artiste, Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST), New Artiste of the Year, 2019
- Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST), Female Artiste of the Year, 2019
- Song of the Year Excess Love, Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST), 2019
- Gospel Artiste of the Year, Galaxy Music
Mercy Chinwo was without a partner for a long time until June 23rd, 2022, 2022, she declared her engagement. Is the pastor Blessed Uzochikwa, an ordained pastor at the Waterbrook Church (TWB) established in 2009 and situated within Lekki, Lagos State, her fiancé?
Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa is an ardent Christian as is Mercy Chinwo has served in a variety of capacities as an ordained minister in his church. This indicates that they’ve been in contact for a long time, and have been frequently together.
Mercy Chinwo is currently engaged with Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa. They were married in 2022. The couple is not yet married and hasn’t had any children as it’s been celebrated for the first time.
It is important to be aware that Nigeria’s most lucrative gospel artists are Mercy Chinwo. She is believed to have a wealth of over $300,000 dollars.
Her role as a gospel singer and actor has enabled her to accumulate money. She regularly attends performances where she earns some cash.
- Instagram: @mercychinwo
- Twitter: @/MMercychinwo
- Facebook: @mercy.chinwo.12
- “How Mercy Chinwo won Nigerian Idols”. Vanguard News. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- “Mercy Chinwo Biography: Age, Net Worth, Career, Awards, Ministry”. Trengezie. 7 September 2020. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- Media, D. O. D. (12 November 2019). “Gospel Artiste of the Week: MERCY CHINWO”. Daughters Of Destiny TV. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- “Mercy Chinwo gets signed to EeZee Conceptz Record Label | Gospotainment.com”. gospotainment.com. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- “House of Gold Full Cast & Crew – nlist nlist | Nollywood, Nigerian Movies & Casting”. nlist.ng. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- “Mercy Chinwo receives First Award”. Righteousness Entertainment News. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 9 June 2019.\
- “Africa Gospel Awards 2019: Full list of nominees”. Music In Africa. 14 January 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- “AGAFEST 2019 Awards – Photos, event review, and a full list of winners”. WorshippersGh. 4 April 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Staff, Prime9jaOnline (16 November 2020). “Cuppy, Simi, Rema are Winners at 2020 AFRIMMA Awards | #AFRIMMA2020 |Prime9jaOnline Media”. Prime9jaOnline Media. Retrieved 22 February 2021.