Ibinabo Fiberesima Biography, Age, Career, Marriage, Net Worth
In This Review
Ibinabo Fiberesima (born on 13th January 1971) is a Nigerian movie actress and former beauty pageant contestant, and event manager. She is an ex-president of the actor’s guild in Nigeria. The actress is a member of the Nigerian Actors Guild.
Profiling Ibinabo FiberesimaA Quick Glance At Ibinabo Fiberesima
|Full Names||Ibinabo Fiberesima|
|Date Of Birth||13, January 1971|
|Age||51 Years Old|
|State of Origin||Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Actor, Tv Personality|
|Spouse||Uche Egbuka (m. 2014-2017)|
|Academics||University of Ibadan|
|Net Worth||$1-$5 million|
Early life and education
Born to a Nigerian father as well as an Irish mother, Ibinabo began her education when she was an elementary school student in the Y.M.C.A Play Centre, Port Harcourt before she began her secondary school training at the Federal Government Girls College, New Bussa, Niger State. She has the bachelor of Arts certificate in English Language and Literature that she received from the University of Ibadan.
Ibinabo Fiberesima was born in Dublin, Ireland to Chief Dr. Dawaridabo Babatunde Fiberesima and Dr. Mrs. Bisola Fiberesima and hails from Okrika, Rivers State, Nigeria. She was accepted into the highly regarded University of Ibadan where she received an Associate of Arts Degree in English and Literature. She later followed up with a Masters’s degree in Audio Visual Management at the Media Business School of Ronda, Spain. She is an Actor, Director, Environmental Advocate, and Event Planner. Ibinabo Fiberesima began her career as a model. She finished her modeling career with a plethora of modeling awards. She was the 1st runner-up, Miss Nigeria, 1991 2nd runner up for The Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) beauty pageants. She was awarded Miss Wonderland in 1992, prior to stepping into the film industry and making their debut with 1992’s Action Thriller MOST WANTED to start an acting career. Ibinabo Fiberesima went on to become the first female president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, and launched her debut as a director in two films MIEBAKA as well as ALONG CAME A BUTTERFLY. She is currently an ambassador for the brand Air Peace and Image Make-Up Nigeria. She is the National Director for Miss Earth Nigeria Beauty Pageant She has been in charge since 2002. She is a fan of reading, swimming, acting cooking, traveling, and reading and hopes to plant more trees and a healthier ecological system.
Ibinabo was a contestant during the 1991 version of the Miss Nigeria beauty pageant. She has crowned the first runner-up behind winner Bibiana Ohio. Prior to that, she had been a winner of her first prize in the Miss Wonderland contest in 1990 and, in the same year, she placed first in Miss NUGA. Miss NUGA competition was held at the University of Calabar.
The year 1992 was the first time she participated in her first Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) pageant for the first time which she won as the second runners-up. The year 1997 was the time she participated and was the first runner-up in Miss Nigeria’s 1997 version. Miss Nigeria before she went to be named the winner in the pageant Miss Wonderful that same year. She also finished second in the race for Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria in 1998.
Ibinabo made her film debut as an actress in the film Most Wanted and went on to appear in a variety of Nigerian films.
- Most Wanted
- The Ghost
- St. Mary
- The Twin Sword
- Ladies Night
- The Limit
- Letters to a Stranger
- Rivers Between
- A Night In The Philippines
- Pastor’s Wife
- Camouflage “
- All My Heart
The actress was wed to college love Uche Benjamin Ugbuka in 2014. He is an entrepreneur who currently lives in America. The United States of America. Ibinabo Fibresima’s wedding was held on December 18th, 2014. Their marriage was over after two years together.
Ibinabo previously dated Fred Amata and they have a daughter together named, Zino Amata.
The net value of Ibinabo Fiberesima is an estimated $1-$5 million.
Ibinabo had been charged with reckless driving and manslaughter in 2009 following the incident in which she allegedly killed Giwa Suraj in the year 2006. On the 16th of March in 2016, Ibinabo was dismissed as the President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria and sentenced to a 5-year jail sentence by the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos. Ibinabo was nevertheless granted bail of N2 million with two sureties of the same amount on April 7th, 2016 by the Court of Appeal in Lagos until the outcome of her appeal before the Supreme Court.
Ibinabo Fiberesima, convicted for reckless driving, gets N2 million bail
The Court of Appeal in Lagos Thursday approved Nollywood actress Ibinabo Fiberesima, an N2 million bail.
In granting the bail, with two guarantees in the same amount and a similar amount, the appellate court determined that Ms. Fiberesima’s bail request had merit.
The actress was sentenced to five years of prison in 2009 by the Lagos High Court.
On March 12th On March 12, The Court of Appeal dismissed an appeal filed by Ms. Fiberesima requesting a reversal of her sentence in jail, requiring the actress to submit an application for bail.
On Thursday the court of appeals in a two-one split verdict found she was innocent. Fiberesima was not in breach of bail before in the past.
The court further said that it acted for the actress’s benefit due to her health issues.
“It would amount to injustice if after Fiberesima had been kept in prison, the Supreme Court later, after about three to four years, decide that the five year jail term imposed on her should be set aside,” stated Samuel Oseji, who read out the ruling.
Sidi Bage, who presided over the three-man panel of judges, sided with the judge who delivered the leading decision.
However, Y.B Nimpar, the third judge was dissenting from the decision.
In the opinion of Mr. Nimpar, Ms. Fiberesima’s medical issues that led to her asking for bail are not justifiable.
The judge stated there was no evidence before the court concerning health problems that the actress suffered from in February of this year after she had an operation for breast cancer.
Additionally, the judge stated that the jail was equipped to meet the medical requirements of the actress and that the hospital was able to issue a referral to other facilities should the need arise.
“The applicant is already convicted and presumption of innocence is no longer available,” the judge declared.
“I personally will not exercise discretion in favor of the applicant.”
Ms. Fiberesima was convicted in prison by Justice Deborah Oluwayemi of a Lagos High Court, for reckless driving and death.
The woman was accused of having recklessly driven a car that led to an accident on the expressway between Lekki and Epe in Lagos which resulted in the death of the Giwa Suraj. one of the staff at a Lagos State government hospital.
- Instagram: @ibinabo.fiberesima
- Wemimo, Esho (13 January 2015). “Newly wed actress turns year older”. Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Olanrewaju, Olamide (9 September 2009). “Ibinabo Fiberesima:”My previous relationships didn’t work because I wasn’t patient enough”- AGN President, covers Genevieve Magazine”. Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- “Biography/Profile/History Of Nollywood Actress Ibinabo Fiberesima”. Daily Mail Nigeria. 12 March 2016. Archived from the original on 22 January 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- “Incredible Lives of Ex-Beauty Queens”. The Nigerian Voice. 17 April 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- “I Am A Destiny Child, Says Ibinabo Fiberesima”. The Newswriter. 11 October 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- Alhassan, Amina (21 December 2013). “Nigeria: I Was Destined to Be an Entertainer – Ibinabo Fiberesima”. Daily Trust Newspaper. allAfrica. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- “Ibinabo Fiberesima prepares for Miss Earth Nigeria 2013”. Nigeria Entertainment Today. 20 April 2013. Archived from the original on 12 January 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- “”I have been drained and to some extent humiliated” Read Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Story on her Journey so far”. BellaNaija. 19 March 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- “Passion of Mary Slessor Premieres, Stars Ibinabo Fiberesima – THISDAYLIVE”. www.thisdaylive.com. Retrieved 2022-07-21.
- Badmus, Kayode (29 January 2016). “10 years after manslaughter scandal, Ibinabo Fiberesima faces fresh jail term”. Nigeria Entertainment Today. Archived from the original on 2 April 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Njoku, Ben (30 September 2010). “Ibinabo Fiberesima turns preacher …”. Vanguard Newspaper. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Ajagunna, Timilehin (9 April 2016). “Why Ibinabo Fiberesima was granted bail”. Nigeria Entertainment Today. Archived from the original on 9 April 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Dania, Onozure (8 April 2016). “Appeal Court grants Nollywood actress, Ibinabo, N2m bail”. Vanguard Newspaper. Retrieved 10 April 2016.